Thursday, June 7, 2012

one year in los angeles

Last weekend marked our one year anniversary with Los Angeles, a city that now feels like home. Scott and I went out to El Coyote to celebrate - the first place we ate out here, on our apartment hunting trip.
It feels like we've come a long way from Minneapolis, geographically of course, but also as a couple, and in our work. If you would have told me five years ago that 2012 would find me in Southern California, working full time as co-owner of a stationery line, living with Scott - I'm not sure I would have believed it. During our drive to LA, I remember looking out the window at the desert, excited but anxious about the beginning of something different. I started over when I moved to Minnesota in 2004, but this move had nothing to do with school, or jobs, or friends. Just the two of us looking for a change.
Taking a moment to appreciate how far we've traveled, the new home that we've made together, the joy of sunshine every day and working at a job I really love feels...significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment