Wednesday, February 22, 2012

a year in red

The other day, I realized I'd nearly missed a Very Important anniversary - the first year of my love affair with red lipstick. So, in honor of this fantastic day, I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge the stuff that makes me feel fancy every day. The stuff that casts a glamorous sheen over the rest of my face, and makes me feel like a lady. Cheers, Red. You're what pink wants to be when it grows up.

the six types of red lip I've sported over the past year, clockwise from upper left - 
MAC matte lipstick in Russian Red
Dior Addict lipstick in Red Carpet
Revlon ColorStay Overtime in Forever Scarlet
NARS lip pencil in Dragon Girl
Sephora cream lip stain in 01
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate in Top Tomato

2 comments:

  1. mmmhmm, all red e'rything!

    Which one comes off the least, in your experience? I know it's impossible to avoid, but the amount of gross-out lip marks on my coffee cups has become too much to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I know. True story: I began a post with reviews of all of the above, but it got so long (REAL LONG) that I just ended up scrapping it. The short version is: Any version of ColorStay is true to it's name, but the colors aren't great and neither is the feel. The best overall color/staying power/comfort combo that I've found is the Sephora cream lip stain - just be sure to let it dry fully. It'll last for everything short of a full on makeout sesh (Scott calls it "the good lipstick").

    ReplyDelete